Not only an adoptive mama and more than a CrossFit Wife!

A Normal Day


 Wow! Is all that I can say about my blog so far. I never thought so many people would be interested in reading what I have to say! So, THANK YOU! I have loved reading all your comments on here and on my social media. Like I said before, I want to write about what you want to know! A lot of people asked about our schedule. Well.. its simple. Our schedule is crazy!
   Before CrossFit became our life we were a young married couple in college living in a two bedroom apartment. We were blessed with the opportunity to manage an apartment complex right in front of the university with 22 units, while both in college and full time jobs. Truth is, I managed the apartments!  I worked full time and was in school full time. Rich's schedule began to take off with CrossFit and contracts. Gone most weekends and was also in school and working intramurals until 11pm. It was a lot but I can not complain, we met amazing friends through the opportunity and I can fix almost anything. Yep, Me not Rich is the handy one :)
  We bought our first home in November 2011 after Rich won his first CrossFit Games. Buying a house was and is so stressful. Rich would love it and I hated it or I would love it and it was nothing he would look at it. The only house we agreed on was way out of our price range but it was a foreclosure and was going to auction. We had a price point and we didn't want to go over it and pretty much everyone laughed at us but we had nothing to lose! Worst case, we wouldn't get the only house we both agreed on haha! Reebok had Rich on a world tour and we were both in Mexico City the day of the auction. We sent Richs dad and our real estate agent while I was sitting in the corner at a CrossFit gym in Mexico waiting to hear if we were homeowners. I'll never forget the phone call, "We got it! Right at your price… kind of… I went $5,000 over (Rich's Dad) but we made it work. We can't believe it!" I yelled and stopped Rich's interview to tell him, both in shock, we were homeowners! We bought our house for almost 100k less than it appraised. I couldn't wait to get HOME!
   We moved in November trying to get all settled in and make it an actual home when Rich tells me about this guy who is coming to work at Tennessee Tech too and didn't have anywhere to stay. Of course I said he could stay here until he found an apartment or decided if he was even going to stay in Cookeville! About a week later I met Dan Bailey. Never met him before he moved in my new house with me and my husband of 5 months! We were married in June, Games in July, traveling the world until November, homeowners November and roommate in December. The simple fact is I love Dan, He is like the brother I never had. Double the laundry, double the food, double the guy movies and double the CrossFit.
   Dan has now moved out and James Hobart is our newest addition! People ask me all the time, "how do you do it?" I never really have an answer I suppose I'm just used to it. We have people here almost every weekend with the L1 at CrossFit Mayhem and have spent most of our marriage with a roommate. Weekends of a L1 we usually have a house full.  My house is kind of like….. a hotel :) Like I said, life is crazy but I am thankful for every person who has stayed with us for a weekend, a month or a year. Craziness is what makes life fun!
   Our daily schedule during the week is pretty routine. I worked for a dentist office then a pediactric office full time, but I am now a stay at home mommy! I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with Lakelyn.  Lakelyn usually gets up around 8, Rich usually plays with her while I get a little extra sleep since I have the nightshift with her.  Rich leaves around 9:30am to go to Mayhem or to swim or to the track and is gone until mid afternoon and then trains at home in his garage. We usually eat lunch together for about an hour. There are always at least 2 to 6 guys here working out everyday. For those who don't think he has a "job" I can assure you that you have no idea what your talking about. He is never actually at home spending time with me and Lakelyn until around 5:30 or 6:00pm. Yes, he is at home but training. Is it hard? Yes. I tell myself that this won't last forever and that it is his job. I love my husband and am so grateful for his determination and handwork. He doesn't win the CrossFit Games just because, he truly is the hardest working athlete! I am excited to see what him being on a team has to offer and what changes will be made.
   Family time is a must! We eat dinner at least once a week with our family. We're so blessed that both sides live close. Mondays we used to always watch the Bachelor, even Rich and James got into it. Tuesday nights Rich and his cousin Darren have a big group of guys that go to an old skating rink in Sparta and play hockey. Wednesday are Nashville night! My favorite show :) My sister Ali, Sister in law Kayla and both my mom, Patty and mother in law Janice all watch it. Little fun fact about me.. I can't cook. In fact, I can burn ice. SO.. usually everyone comes to our house and brings food, haha! I'm getting a little better.
  Oh, and on top of having a baby, house guests, roommates and the daily work out guys in and out of my house. We also have two dogs. Gilligan, who came first, a black lab who never leaves Rich's side. He is 3 and a half and the best dog ever. And then we have Gipper. He's a little over a year old golden doodle. Both in the house and let me just say this, between all the boys, 2 dogs and a baby. Life is crazy and I wouldn't change a thing!


















13 comments

  1. Wow! What a busy lady you are! Sounds like an amazing life though :) Lakelyn's nursery is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I had been rejected by my husband after five(5) years of marriage just because another woman had cast a spell on him and he left me with 2 kids to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how he help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a chance he told me that my husband is under spell, he said that he will help me and after 7 days that i will have my husband back. i believed he and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back now my husband is back with after 7 days . he also gave me a financial magic ring to boost my business and removed bad luck. i am now happy with my husband. Thanks you Dr. love please contact him at (lovespelldoctor0@gmail.com)

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!! I can not imagine that crazy life.
    I have just a crazy guy by the crossfit at home and you have many.
    But Crossfit family is definitely the best.
    Thanks for sharing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy life, but a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great! I love hearing how God is using you guys in so many amazing ways to impact so many people. From Rich and Crossfit to you and opening your home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hillary! Thank you so much for sharing! My husband and I moved into our first home after 5 months of marriage and had someone living with us as well. People come and stay with us often, too. I love your attitude for being so hospitable! This is something that I have definitely have had to work on with myself. Thank you for being encouraging to me! God calls us to help out our brothers and sisters and it is a great way to disciple others. We also have a home "cross fit" gym where guys come work out all the time. I've actually been to work out at your house, ha! My husband, Caleb Jones, is a friend of Rich and several of our friends coach at Mayhem. Maybe one day I will get to meet you! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buying that first home is always an exciting time. We were a very busy family with a hectic daily schedule, but once we moved into our new home, things seemed to settle down a bit. The new house, with all it's amenities, made our days easier to manage, and we had more time together as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One should not pay attention what an orthodox say as they speak to discourage others. It doesn't having a baby at home is always a pleasure. It doesn't matter biological or adopted. This baby is soo cute.

    Event planners Los Angeles CA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, my name is RITA CARMEN and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 12 years. i have been looking for ways online for so long, I first did Depo Provera Shot which i consecutively took every three months in order to get pregnant or fertile, but there was no way from it. I did Depo shot for 3 years constantly until my Doctors in Australia told me to try IVF because I had Endometriosis stage 4 and I resulted to try IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). For months after my IVF no progressed and my situation became worse that my husband had already had plans or getting married to another woman because I was barren. I read a testimony about Prophet Abulele how he had helped so many women with pregnancy problems and also how he usually casts return spells to bring back partner and make one fertile. Of all options tried, I gave Prophet Abulele a try. I am now a mother of a baby boy. For over 13 years of my marriage I received my help from this spell caster. I want to impact on someone's life and make the person get help from a good spell caster. Prophet Abulele's email is:- prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com and his WhatsApp is +2349022406159 once you contact him, he will help you fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I had been rejected by my husband after five(5) years of marriage just because another woman had cast a spell on him and he left me with 2 kids to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how he help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a chance he told me that my husband is under spell, he said that he will help me and after 7 days that i will have my husband back. i believed he and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back now my husband is back with after 7 days . he also gave me a financial magic ring to boost my business and removed bad luck. i am now happy with my husband. Thanks you Dr. love please contact him at (lovespelldoctor0@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello everyone my name is Catherine I'm from Los Angeles. I'm here to tell you about how I lost my husband to a fellow woman after 5 years of marriage with 1 child. My husband left me for a reason I do not know, I worried and cried because I love him and I couldn't live without him,losing him troubled my mind so I told my dear friend Julia about my problem and she told of this man who helps people in a similar situation. I contacted with the man,after he did his job,I started to receive calls and texts from my husband telling me to forgive. Now I'm happy and fulfilled living with my husband and my child now got the opportunity to live with her father. So if are in a similar situation or facing marital difficulty, you can contact him via(dr.alusistanley@gmail.com) or +2348146050373

    ReplyDelete
  11. EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET EX HUSBAND/BOYFRIEND OR EX WIFE/GIRLFRIEND AND CURE HERPES AND INFERTILITY THAT WORKS WITHIN 24 HOURS. Contact Dr. Odunga at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com OR Whats App/CALL +2348167159012
    I got my ex husband back to me and also got fertile and gave birth to twin girls after 12 years of marriage.
    When I came online last year, I saw a testimony about Doctor ODUNGA and how he has been helping people with marriage issues and I decided to contact him. We spoke on email at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com and later he gave me his WhatsApp number which is +2348167159012. He assured me he would help me get my ex husband back after 3 years of no contact. Doctor Odunga is the best spell caster I must say. My husband called me after 24 hours of contact. The third day, I received natural herbs for fertility and after using it, I became fertile and conceived. I and my husband reconnected, had sex and I was pregnant. Presently I am happy to say I am the mother of twin girls and this is ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR ODUNGA. I came online to say this If you need help, I believe you are saved with this man. Contact his email at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com OR Whats App/Call +2348167159012 and you too will give a testimony too to help others

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr AZIBA a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I advice you to contact Dr Aziba on his email ( PRIESTAZIBASOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL COM ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348100368288 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks Dr AZIBA is also specialized on breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help DR AZIBA whatsapp number +2348100368288..

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig