Not only an adoptive mama and more than a CrossFit Wife!

Meeting Trice

I'm so excited to share the story of how we met "teeny tiny Trice" and how God led us to him. But how do you even put this into words?! Here goes...
After reviving the text late at night, we made arrangements for someone to stay with Lakelyn, which was pretty hard since no one knew we had even applied for another adoption. And upon hearing what we were up to, everyone had the same response..."please be careful” (knowing what the last few months had been for us). We left for Jacksonville, FL at 4 a.m. the following morning, having packed the BARE minimum since we had no clue how long we would end up being there. Rich slept almost half of the ten hour road trip as I sat in the driver's seat with the gas peddle to the floor, smile plastered across my face, eyes with tears streaming. The entire drive, the questions kept racing through my mind...what does he look like, what does he weigh, how will Lakelyn handle the transition, will they get along, what do the next few days look like and most of all, I kept thinking of how Lakelyn would now have a brother. To say I was emotional was an understatement and my heart was racing as fast as I was driving. I felt like we wouldn’t get there fast enough!

Like everytime we’ve applied, we don’t have a specify the gender. Rich was so excited it was a boy which I had no idea what to do with one but anxious to learn. On the drive, Rich and I talked about his name and decided he would have the same name as the adoption of the baby that fell through right before him. The name was a family name that means a lot to both of us. 

As we pulled into the hospital with our attorney on the phone, we realized Rich had put the wrong address into his Maps...we were at a hospital an hour out of the way! Now you can imagine after a ten hour trip, I may or may not have lost my mind and my cool. That hour reroute was the LONGEST hour of the entire drive. It was the hour that fear creeped in. I felt the devil whispering his lies..."they're going to choose another family", "this makes you look disorganized", "you look unfit to be his parents". I felt defeated...like my son was a million miles away. 

We FINALLY got to the hospital. Our attorney said he couldn't wait and left, letting us know he would be back in about an hour after he got food. I immediately broke down. Rich told me we needed to eat and get it together, but I literally hadn’t spoken to him in the hour over to the correct hospital. We ate in the food court (you couldn't have paid me to leave after all of that) and knowing my sweet boy was just a few floors up and there was nothing I could do felt like torture. I remember sitting with big heavy tears falling from my cheeks praying to God and asking ‘Why, why are we waiting? We are so close to him. Is this a scam? Lord my heart can’t take it. My family can’t take it.’ We sat down with our food and this sweet older gentleman dressed as a clown (he goes from room to room as a way to cheer up patients and their families) came over and grabbed my arm. "Hello. You look like you and your little one need this.” He gave me a little mouse with overalls on. Trice's first toy. I smiled and said, “Thank you.” He had the gentlest smile and walked away after saying, “I’ll be praying for him.” To this day, that little mouse can be found in Trice's room

About an hour later, our attorney returned and met us in the lobby. We signed the papers and headed for the NICU. The feeling I had as we made our way to that floor is one I can't describe. We scrubbed in (with our hearts beating a mile a minute) as the nurses talked to our attorney. , And there he was, this tiny 4 lb 3 oz baby boy wrapped snugly in a baseball blanket. The nurse explained to us that he was nine days old and hadn’t been held much. They made sure to warn us not to be alarmed if he didn't like it.   

He took my breath away. His tiny features, his hair...he was perfect in every way. She asked what his name was and Rich looked at me and said, “I would really like for him to have my name.” Keep in mind this is NOT what we talked about. I was a MESS. How could I argue. In that moment he became Richard Lyle Froning III ‘Trice’.

Rich left the next morning at 5 a.m. and I was back to the hospital at 5:20 a.m. The nurses were amazing. They have so many babies there–I couldn’t believe it. I sat there with my son as the kindest nurse walked over and told me everything about my son that I had missed in the last nine days. Then she asked if I wanted to do skin-to-skin with him (he hadn’t had that yet), my eyes filled with tears and I just shook my head yes as she stood up to go get a curtain. I didn’t know what she was doing and since I was already in a gown being in the NICU, (let’s face it I’ll never see those nurses again, no one else was there) I just stripped it down under my gown before she got back. As soon as I laid trice on me and wrapped him up him a blanket he opened his eyes. He opened his eyes and looked at me for the first time. I literally couldn’t breath, my heart stopped and the tears were uncontrollable. I prayed over him, thanked the Lord for him, and told him how much I loved him...that he would never have to wait on me again. I was his mommy. As he just looked at me...I knew he knew. And in that moment, my heart was healed. That 4lb 3oz baby laying on my chest had my heart rejoicing. When the nurse came back, Trice was basically soaking wet. At first, she was laughing because I had already stripped my shirt off and then she saw the puddle of tears. I assured her they were very, VERY happy tears. That day, I held him on my chest from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. 

Everyday was the same in Jacksonville. Wake up, go to McDonald’s to get a sweet tea, sit at the hospital, and then go back to the hotel. And every single person in each place was a blessing to me in someway. By the third day, the guy at McDonald's knew my name and that I wanted extra ice in my sweet tea. I don’t know much about Jacksonville, but where we were was pretty scary and there wasn't a lot around. Being alone, I didn’t feel like being adventurous. So, not getting into my hotel room until late every night, I always just ordered room service. The woman who brought it to me every night knew my order (I literally ordered the same thing every night). She was so funny; I knew she was busy but I just loved talking to her. It was my fifth or sixth night there and I had had a really hard day. I was missing Lakelyn. This woman brought up my dinner and asked if I was okay (she could tell I had been crying). Every night after that, she brought me a free glass of wine–haha. She was so amazing. 

It was so difficult being alone during such an emotional time after Rich left until my sister got there (the last four days). Trice was moved from UF shans to another hospital baptist south. When he was transferred, I walked in hoping for just as nurses that were just as nice...and goodness, I was not disappointed. They went above and beyond.  The lady at the front desk was a God send and doesn’t even know. I was so scattered when I got there from him being transferred (it’s a long story) and I didn’t know how to get in the NICU. She pointed out the window and said, "the door." (In my defense, the other hospital had two pagers and a sink.) My face turned blood red but all I could do was laugh. She stood up and gave me a huge hug–it was obviously written all over my face that I needed it. It was the first hug I had received since being in Florida and it was my first face-to-face REAL “Congratulations mama.” Cue the tears again. 

Our new room was just curtains. There was no TV, radios...nothing. Just me and Trice. The other monitors went off all day...and as tired as I was and as much as I missed Lakelyn, I tried so hard to soak in this special time and bond with Trice. It was so special, yet each moment was so unknown and up in the air. It was by far the hardest and most amazing 15 days of my life. I wouldn't trade those 15 days with my son, those nurses for anything. I am thankful for each person God placed in my path that trip. My son has taught me more than he will ever know, So has my daughter. Gods blessings are every where and in every situation it is just waiting on his timing that I have to become better at, haha! 

























23 comments

  1. What a wonderful story. I have a cousin who I would really love if she would follow your journey. She’s been through a lot and my only wish for her is the family that you’ve been blessed with via adoption.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I had been rejected by my husband after five(5) years of marriage just because another woman had cast a spell on him and he left me with 2 kids to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how he help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a chance he told me that my husband is under spell, he said that he will help me and after 7 days that i will have my husband back. i believed he and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back now my husband is back with after 7 days . he also gave me a financial magic ring to boost my business and removed bad luck. i am now happy with my husband. Thanks you Dr. love please contact him at (lovespelldoctor0@gmail.com)

      Delete
  2. What a journey. God bless your beautiful family and everything it took to bring you all together. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing... Thank you for writing this. I hope there is more people like you out there. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing story!! You totally had me in tears. I am so glad you are his momma and that you and Rich were able to show up for him! He is just precious! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. Definitely shedding some tears here and hoping to one day soon meet our adopted baby. Blessings to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have sat here in tears reading this beautiful story. You are a wonderful strong woman and the biggest congrats on your special new little girl. Love all the way from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. I cried through this. My husband and I are also being blessed through adoption. Your story really touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful!! You had me tearing up when Trice’s name was born. You have so much love in your heart, that’s so uncommon and truly admirable��

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tender heart and transparent words. Thank you for sharing your story. Hilary Froning, I am so thankful that you are my sister in Christ! You have our (Heavenly) Father’s eyes. Eyes that are full of compassion, love, and mercy. And just like He adopted us, you are following in His footsteps. You are just like Him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing ! When I read this post it was almost like reading my very own adoption story with our son 4.1 lbs . Same hospital in Jacksonville . I will never forget all the wonderful nurses there . My son is now 7 and we plan to take him to visit this year. God is good!

    ReplyDelete

  12. Amazing i m really impress with your topic content and very useful blog. bestreviewsacious

    ReplyDelete

  13. Best selection i m really impress with your content and very useful it. inventreviewzone

    ReplyDelete
  14. God is good. Your story is yet another witness of that. Keep telling it. All the best and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, my name is RITA CARMEN and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 12 years. i have been looking for ways online for so long, I first did Depo Provera Shot which i consecutively took every three months in order to get pregnant or fertile, but there was no way from it. I did Depo shot for 3 years constantly until my Doctors in Australia told me to try IVF because I had Endometriosis stage 4 and I resulted to try IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). For months after my IVF no progressed and my situation became worse that my husband had already had plans or getting married to another woman because I was barren. I read a testimony about Prophet Abulele how he had helped so many women with pregnancy problems and also how he usually casts return spells to bring back partner and make one fertile. Of all options tried, I gave Prophet Abulele a try. I am now a mother of a baby boy. For over 13 years of my marriage I received my help from this spell caster. I want to impact on someone's life and make the person get help from a good spell caster. Prophet Abulele's email is:- prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com and his WhatsApp is +2349022406159 once you contact him, he will help you fast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a beautiful story but don't you also have a biological child as well? Just asking cause I see no mention of your oldest child in this. If I am mistaken then disregard but if you do have a biological child, you should also talk about them. It is truly a blessing to have people like yourself who are willing to adopt and I think you're wonderful for that and also to the beautiful women who did put their babies needs above their own by giving them life and willing to give them a good life with another family if they aren't in position to care for them. That being said your biological child shouldn't be left out of the story. They are just as special as the adopted children and I feel that you should have mentioned them in your story. Not trying to hurt your feelings, I just saw there was no mention of your biological daughter and you have no pictures of them or even say that you missed them too. So not sure why she was left out and was going to tell you that she shouldn't be pushed aside. Anyway I am happy for your family and god bless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I had been rejected by my husband after five(5) years of marriage just because another woman had cast a spell on him and he left me with 2 kids to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how he help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a chance he told me that my husband is under spell, he said that he will help me and after 7 days that i will have my husband back. i believed he and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back now my husband is back with after 7 days . he also gave me a financial magic ring to boost my business and removed bad luck. i am now happy with my husband. Thanks you Dr. love please contact him at (lovespelldoctor0@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  18. EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET EX HUSBAND/BOYFRIEND OR EX WIFE/GIRLFRIEND AND CURE HERPES AND INFERTILITY THAT WORKS WITHIN 24 HOURS. Contact Dr. Odunga at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com OR Whats App/CALL +2348167159012
    I got my ex husband back to me and also got fertile and gave birth to twin girls after 12 years of marriage.
    When I came online last year, I saw a testimony about Doctor ODUNGA and how he has been helping people with marriage issues and I decided to contact him. We spoke on email at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com and later he gave me his WhatsApp number which is +2348167159012. He assured me he would help me get my ex husband back after 3 years of no contact. Doctor Odunga is the best spell caster I must say. My husband called me after 24 hours of contact. The third day, I received natural herbs for fertility and after using it, I became fertile and conceived. I and my husband reconnected, had sex and I was pregnant. Presently I am happy to say I am the mother of twin girls and this is ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR ODUNGA. I came online to say this If you need help, I believe you are saved with this man. Contact his email at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com OR Whats App/Call +2348167159012 and you too will give a testimony too to help others

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grateful to Dr. Kham for all his help for my life, my partner was having Herpes simplex Virus, and we were planning on getting married on early December , when we decided to get ourselves tested first and we found out that my fiancee was HSV2 positive , my fiancee was so unhappy , because this was a barrier for us to get married , so i went out to search out a remedy for my partner , and it was so surprising how Dr. Kham has been a blessing and healing to the masses , after reading about his work on a blog ! immediately contact him and he wrote back to me that my fiance will be OK and that we will get married this same year , i Couldn't  believe it , after doing all that is needed to be done , i was surprise that after 2week of using his medicine my fiancee went to the doc and was diagnose negative . for more info contact his whatsapp : +2348159922297 or email him dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com  you can kindly  Visit his Website: https://drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/    

    ReplyDelete
  20. i am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr AZIBA a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I advice you to contact Dr Aziba on his email ( PRIESTAZIBASOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL COM ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348100368288 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks Dr AZIBA is also specialized on breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help DR AZIBA whatsapp number +2348100368288..

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig